Assistant Head Teacher – Maternity Cover – The Bishop’s CE Primary Academy
Posted on: Thursday 11 May 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
The Bishops Church of England Primary Academy, Canterbury Way, Thetford, IP24 1EB
We are looking for an amazing person to join our dedicated and hardworking team at our dynamic and busy two-form entry church school.
Vacancy Title: Assistant Head Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Pay Scale: L04
Annual Value: £47,706
Fixed term/Full time : Maternity cover
Start Date: As soon as possible, however would accept a September 2023 start, for the right candidate
We are graded good for our Early Years and personal development and are moving towards good in all other areas.
We would also consider a secondment for the right candidate if you want to develop your leadership skills and return to your current school.
We value our staff team who are creative, flexible and committed to improving the life chances of our children. You will be mainly leadership based with some limited classroom teaching.
Our children are wonderful; they love coming to school and thrive when they build positive relationships with the staff team.
The successful candidate will lead Early years, Key Stage One and Phonics while our assistant head welcomes her new child.
You will be an experienced leader with a proven track record of leading a team and making rapid and sustained school improvement.
NPQML/SL is not necessary, but we are looking for someone who has continued to develop themselves through training or postgraduate studies. You will need to show leadership experience, the ability to manage change and the capacity to communicate a vision, which inspires, grows and challenges the whole school community.
The ideal person will:
- Have experience of teaching phonics and leading colleagues- preferably Read Write Inc. or have a willingness to learn this scheme quickly
- Be experienced in teaching in Early Years and/or Key Stage One, understanding the curriculum in depth, including the expectations of the new Early Years curriculum
- Have experience in leading a team of staff leading to good outcomes and an understanding of how to get the best out of others
- Be passionate and driven to improve outcomes in early reading
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be flexible, proactive and patient
- Be nurturing in their approach
- Be able to communicate effectively within a team
Working within our trust will give you additional benefits including eye care and dental care.
Where possible hand over will be built into the start date. We will also invest in training and support during the placement.
If you want to chat informally about the role before application, please call to speak to the head teacher Lorraine Ratcliffe
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company (DONESC) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the DONESC meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing of DONESC.
Closing date: Friday 9 June 2023
Interviews: Wednesday 14 June 2023
How to apply
Completed application form to be emailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
You may also be interested in...View all
Apprenticeship, Teaching Assistants
Teaching Assistant Apprentice – Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy, Church of Primary Academy, Field Ln, Kessingland, Lowestoft NR33 7QA
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy is looking for a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join our excellent team of Learning Support staff.Details
Year 3 & 4 Teacher – Morley Church of England Primary Academy
St Benet's MAT
Morley Church of England Primary Academy, Deopham Road, Morley St Botolph, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 9TS
We are looking for a Teacher who is hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated and wants to make a difference to our wonderful children and the community.Details