Executive Headteacher – St Mary Federation
Posted on: Tuesday 25 April 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
St Mary Federation, Chequers Street, Docking, King's Lynn, Norfolk PE31 8LH
These are exciting times within the St Mary Federation!
St Mary Federation
Number on Roll in Federation: 148
Number on Roll (Docking Primary): 111
Number on Roll (Brancaster Primary): 37
Start Date: September 2023/January 2024
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
This is a rolling advert.
These are exciting times within the St Mary Federation!
We want to accelerate into the next phase of our development and require a highly motivated and skilled individual to lead the way in a thriving community that cannot wait to work with you!
As Executive Headteacher, you will be at the forefront of maintaining and developing relationships and collaborations with our staff and wider communities, developing our provision and, above all, ensuring that we meet the needs of all our children.
In an ever-changing educational environment, there will be many exciting challenges ahead. Our schools need to develop ever stronger links.
You will be supported by the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
In particular, we are looking for an Executive Headteacher who:
- Possesses the experience, motivation and resilience to move us forwards and embrace any further challenges.
- Understands that thriving schools can be the beating heart of a rural community and that their success or otherwise affects the wider community.
- Has the character to ensure that personal virtues and organisational values enhance outcomes.
- Has the passion to focus relentlessly on what’s best for pupils in their context. Is an inspirational leader who is committed to delivering the schools’ vision for the children, staff
and communities we serve.
- Has the initiative to promote new and innovative ideas whilst sustaining what already works.
- Has the ability to develop outstanding educational provision that results in outstanding outcomes.
- Has the willingness to understand what the team has to offer and get the best from them.
- Has the ambition to drive a rich and varied curriculum which engages and inspires every child.
- Has the aspiration to take the school to the next level and the inspiration to take us with them on the journey
We can offer:
- Peer to peer networking, collaboration, challenge and support.
- Geographically focused development opportunities within the west hub of academies including dedicated support from a key professional.
- The security- of working in a climate of shared accountability.
- Investment in your professional development and future career.
- A research-based approach to academy improvement that builds capacity from within.
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and trust wide improvement initiatives.
- Access to a suite of core services that enable you to focus more on leading, teaching and learning.
- A values-led approach that underpins the attitudes and behaviour of individuals and the family of Church academies.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a progressive Multi Academy Trust. We can offer a proactive working environment, in which we actively encourage CPD, offer a real sense of family, have fantastic benefits such as Health Shield and a Cycle to Work Scheme, all underpinned by our Christian Ethos and Values
The post-holder will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
For an informal, confidential conversation about the role please call the current Executive Headteacher, Mr Gavin King, on 01485 518344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gavin has been engaged to support us with recruitment in this key role.
You are warmly invited to visit us before applying and we hope you get a palpable sense of the special atmosphere of our schools. Please see the Recruitment Pack for more contact details
and you are encouraged to explore the MAT, Federation and school websites to get a feel for our schools and their cultures.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish
whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Culture & Ethos
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work.
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes.
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God.
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice.
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trust and their academies.
- Ensure regular, open and honest communication in all professional duties.
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
- The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities
relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis
How to apply
Completed application forms and cover letters should be emailed to Jo Leach, Head of HR for DoNESC, at email@example.com. This is a rolling advert. CVs will not be accepted.
References will be requested prior to interview and referees may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
You may also be interested in...View all
Apprenticeship, Teaching Assistants
Teaching Assistant Apprentice – Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy, Church of Primary Academy, Field Ln, Kessingland, Lowestoft NR33 7QA
Kessingland Church of England Primary Academy is looking for a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join our excellent team of Learning Support staff.Details
Year 3 & 4 Teacher – Morley Church of England Primary Academy
St Benet's MAT
Morley Church of England Primary Academy, Deopham Road, Morley St Botolph, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 9TS
We are looking for a Teacher who is hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated and wants to make a difference to our wonderful children and the community.Details