Midday Supervisory Assistant – Little Plumstead Primary Academy
Posted on: Thursday 16 November 2023 | St Benet's MAT
Little Plumstead CofE Primary Academy, Old Hall Rd, Norwich NR13 5FA
Little Plumstead Primary Academy are looking to appoint a Midday Supervisor to work at lunchtime with our children.
Trust: St Benet’s
Academy Name: Little Plumstead Primary Academy
Vacancy Job Title: Midday Supervisory Assistant
Pay Scale: Scale B, Point 2
Annual Value: £20,441.00
Pro-Rata Value: £2,881.00
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Hours per week: 6.25
Term Time: Term Time Only (38 weeks)
Start Date: ASAP
Little Plumstead Primary Academy are looking to appoint a Midday Supervisor to work at lunchtime with our children. You will need to be an enthusiastic and committed person, with a calm and caring manner who enjoys working with children. We value every child at our school and our aim is to ensure a happy lunchtime for all.
The main duties will include:
- Supervising children in the dinner hall, play areas or classroom and providing assistance as required, encouraging healthy eating and good table manners.
- Supervising hand washing and ensuring children reach the dinner hall at the correct time for their lunch sitting.
- Supervising children at play and engaging them in positive games and friendships. This may involve supervising a whole class if it is wet play.
- Setting out/putting away tables, chair and other lunchtime equipment
- Managing routine behaviour issues (training and induction will be provided)
- Following safeguarding policies and procedures (training and induction will be provided)
- First aid (only once first aid training has been provided)
We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to build positive relationships with children
- Is flexible and able to adapt to the needs of all pupils
- Uses positive behaviour management strategies
- Is well organised and methodical
- Communicates well with staff, parents and pupils
- Is a team player who can work on own initiative
We can offer:
- A welcoming, caring school where adults go above and beyond for our children
- A strong culture of safeguarding
- Children who strive to do their very best every day
- Children who are excited and enthused by their learning
- Families who want to be actively involved in their child’s education
- A supportive Trust who offer high quality professional development opportunities
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work.
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes.
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God.
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and management practice.
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies.
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties.
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
Closing date: Friday 1 December 2023
Interviews: Wednesday 13 December 2023
How to apply
Completed application form to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
St Benet’s Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to full safeguarding checks as well as satisfactory references.
The Trust’s safeguarding policy can be found on our website.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced DBS check with barred list. If you have information to declare it may be protected under the Exceptions Orders and you may not be required to declare it. You will be asked to make a criminal conviction declaration if you are shortlisted for the post.
Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
Teacher to Lead Bespoke ASD and Complex Needs – Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy, Brandon Road, Swaffham, PE37 7EA
Trust: DNEAT Academy Name: Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy Vacancy Job Title: Teacher to Lead Bespoke ASD and Complex Needs Provision Pay Scale: MPS Full Time/Part Time: Full time Initially fixed term for 12months with a view to making this a permanent role within our school.Details
1:1 Teaching Assistant
1-1 Teaching Assistant – Peterhouse Church of England Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Peterhouse Church of England Primary Academy, Magdalen Square Gorleston Great Yarmouth Norfolk NR31 7BY
Are you ready to be part of something truly special?Details