Qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Nightingale Federation
Posted on: Saturday 6 January 2024 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Thomas Bullock CE Primary Academy, Pound Green Lane, Shipdham, IP25 7LF
Academy Name: Thomas Bullock CE Primary and Nursery Academy and Lyng CE Primary Academy – Nightingale Federation
Vacancy Job Title: HLTA (Qualified)
Pay Scale: F
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Hours per week: 26.25hours
Term Time: 39 weeks per year (Term Time + 1 week)
Start Date: As soon as Possible or 15th April 2024
Closing date: 1st March 2024, 12pm
Provisional date for interviews: 4th March 2024
The children, staff and governors of the Nightingale Federation are looking for an excellent Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team. You will have experience of supporting teaching and learning in EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 and will work with us to make learning accessible, irresistible, inclusive and effective for the children in our school. As HLTA you will be expected to deliver lessons in the absence of the teacher; covering PPA time and sickness in line with requirements of your job description. This role is primarily based at Lyng CE Primary Academy in the first instance.
You will need to:
- Have experience covering lessons and following a plan
- Independently plan and teach groups of learners
- Run intervention and therapy sessions
- Have high expectations of pupil outcomes and progress
- Encourage excellent behaviour and act as a role model for our pupils
- Develop good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Be flexible, collaborative and supportive by helping colleagues
- Have HLTA qualifications
- Contribute your hobbies to our wider school growth
- We would also request you take on wider responsibilities within the school.
We can offer:
- A ‘Good’ school January 2020 Ofsted.
- Happy, enthusiastic pupils with excellent learning behaviours
- Excellent DNEAT trust support and professional development opportunities.
- Supportive training
- An opportunity to shine
- Excellent resources, space and facilities
- An outdoor wildlife learning area, pond and school farm
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
The Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in its academies and in the employment of people. The post holder will ensure that the Trust meets its statutory obligations in relation to all aspects of equalities legislation. This post involves regular travel around the Diocese and maybe some evening and weekend work. This job description is not an exhaustive document. It reflects the duties and responsibilities applicable at the time of issue. Details and emphasis are subject to amendment and revision in the light of the changing needs of the Trust.
Closing date: Friday 1 March 2024
Interviews: Monday 4 March 2024
How to apply
Email your applications to; firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to book an appointment or speak with our Executive Headteacher or Executive Deputy Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Teaching Assistant – Dereham Church of England Junior Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Dereham Church of England Junior Academy, Gilpin's Ride, Dereham NR19 1BJ
Trust: DNEAT Academy Name: Dereham Church of England Junior Academy Vacancy Job Title: Teaching Assistant Pay Scale: Scale D Point 5/6 Annual Value: £23,500 - £23,893 full time equivalent Pro-Rata Value: £15,903 - £16,169 pro rata per annum Full Time/Part Time: Part Time Hours per week: 30 hours per week (8:25am to 3:25pm, Monday to Friday) Contract Type: Fixed Term until 30th July 2024 Term Time: Term time only Start Date: As soon as possible If you have experience of working with children, particularly those with additional needs, or a desire to make a positive impact on the opportunities and chances for young people with additional needs then we may have the position for you.Details
Administration, Human Resources
General Administrator – Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company
Diocese of Norwich Education Services Company
The Stables, Hall Lane, East Tuddenham, Norfolk, NR20 3LR
Vacancy Job Title: General Administrator Pay Scale: NJC Spine Points 2 - 8 Annual Value: £22,366 - £24,702 Full Time/Part Time: Full Time Contract type: Permanent Hours per week: 37.Details