Teaching Assistant – St Peter & St Paul Carbrooke Church of England Primary Academy
Posted on: Friday 8 September 2023 | Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
St Peter & St Paul Carbrooke, Church Street, Carbrooke, Thetford, Norfolk IP25 6SW
We are looking to appoint a practical, hardworking and reliable Teaching Assistant to join our dynamic team at St Peter & St Paul Church of England Primary Academy & Nursery
Academy Name: St Peter & St Paul Carbrooke Church of England Primary Academy & Nursery
Vacancy Title: Teaching Assistant – any year group – Nursery to Year 6
Pay Scale: Scale C / D
Annual Value: £20,812 – 21,968 per annum
Pro-Rata Value: £13,368 – 14,111 per annum
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Hours per week: 27.75 hours per week (8:45-3:15) in class plus 2.5 hours of Midday Supervisor support
Term Time: 38 weeks + 1 weeks per year (required for inset days or other)
Role Start Date: October/November 2023
We are looking to appoint a practical, hardworking and reliable Teaching Assistant to join our dynamic team at St Peter & St Paul Church of England Primary Academy & Nursery, in the beautiful rural village of Carbrooke from October/November 2023. Our Academy is part of the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT).
This is an exciting opportunity to work in our Key Stage 2 class. Your role will be to support both the teacher with the daily classroom teaching and learning, as well as pastorally supporting and working with intervention groups.
The school has eight classes including nursery with 194 pupils on roll.
We are looking for someone who can:
Be an excellent practioner who is passionate about children’s learning
- Inspire and excite children in their learning
- Consistently set high expectations for pupils
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be willing to contribute to the common goals of the School
- Have a firm commitment to our Christian ethos, vision and values
- Confident in using basic IT
- GCSE or equivalent, grade 4 /pass in Mathematics and English
What can we offer you in return? … enthusiastic, friendly, happy and caring children who are proud of their village school dedicated staff; an excellent environment in which to develop professionally, a team with an array of experience; regular well-being days and treats, and to be part of our school family.
If you would like to know more then please get in touch with Mrs Hannah Wheeler our Headteacher by emailing: email@example.com
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
Closing date: Friday 13 October 2023
Interviews: Wednesday 18 October 2023
How to apply
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org at St Peter & St Paul CoE Primary Academy & Nursery, Church Street, Carbrooke, Norfolk, IP25 6SW
References may be requested prior to interview and may be contacted on receipt of your application form. Please contact us to discuss this further if you have any queries.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
This post will come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
The safety and well-being of children is central to our ethos, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide references and undertake the Independent Safeguarding Authority checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and child protection practices of the Trust.
1:1 Teaching Assistant & Midday Supervisory Assistant – Cawston C of E Primary Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Cawston Church of England Primary Academy, Aylsham Rd, Cawston, Norwich NR10 4AY
We are looking for and enthusiastic, and committed member of staff to provide 1:1 support for a Year R child with Language and Communication Needs.Details